Friday, August 20, 2010

New Discoveries

I was quite disheartened last night when I was craving a good ol' fashioned PB&J and then it tasted absolutely disgusting to me. The jelly was just too sweet and I couldn't stomach it.

Well, today I was making lunch and decided to try and get creative. Yesterday, Brent and I ventured to the Mount Pleasant Farmer's Market and picked up some fresh apples, it was seriously the only thing that looked appetizing to me (the one part of pregnancy I am quite sick of is my aversion to veggies...). I stared at them for a few minutes and knew exactly what I wanted to make.

I pulled out the bread and smeared one slice with peanut butter. I sliced the apple and put it in the peanut butter and covered it with cinnamon and nutmeg. To finish it off I grilled it on the skillet.

The finished product:



I cannot say enough how delicious this combo was! Brent, who was extremely skeptical when he saw me assembling it thought it was one of my greatest creations yet! I do believe this will definitely be making a reappearance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment